A Fleckvieh invitational sale will be held in conjunction with Beef 2021. It will be an online sale conducted by Elite auctions on the 6th May 2021. The selling agent will be Elders. This is not a Fleckvieh Society of Australia event.
To be eligible to enter this sale, vendors must have at least 1 sale animal on site at Beef 2021.
As well as a sale this is also a promotional activity for the Fleckvieh breed and as such we need to ensure that the animals, photos and videos associated with the event are of a very high standard. The animals will need to be in good condition and filmed appropriately. A successful online sale relies not only on having the animals in top condition but also having quality photos and videos of well presented sale animals. A sale committee of Max Dench, Melinda McColl and Camilo Mejia will have discretion to request new photos and videos if quality standards are not met. Disqualification may result if standards cannot be met. Please contact sale committee for requirements. The closing date for entries for this sale is 14th February, 2021. Unfortunately, no late entries can be accepted.
Entries will be done via an on-line format that will be emailed to you once the vendor application form is returned. Completed Vendor Application forms for the sale (attached) need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31/01/2021.
Please note: Beef 2021 entries also close on 14th February 2021. Entries can be found at beefaustralia.com.au
Cost per entry is $220 including GST. This will cover catalogues, Elite auctions costs and advertising.
We plan for ‘The Herd Improver Sale’ to become an annual event to be held in May each year. This sale may be an onsite sale in future, based in Central/ North West NSW.
1. Must be registered with FSA prior to entry and have breed standard regulations verified. (including calves at foot)
2. Entries must be accompanied with preliminary photos to ensure that the sale cattle meet with Fleckvieh breed standards and the sale quality requirements.
3. Print catalogue photos and sale notes will need to be in by the 15th March 2021
4. Video and updated photos can and should be updated closer to sale date. Photos to show as many aspects of animal as possible. (minimum 1 full side on view) Video to include animal walking and must be at least 20 seconds in length.
5. Vaccinations: All animals should have 7-in-1 vaccinations. Other vaccinations are recommended and should be appropriate for your target market. i.e. bulls targeted for Qld consider Tick fever, Botulism, 3 Day etc. All animals tested Pesti-Virus (PI) negative. Lab report must accompany entry form.
6. Health Status certificate required prior to sale date.
7. Vendors to give Fertility guarantee for 6 months from sale date.
8. Vendors must make all animals available for inspection, either at Beef 2021 or at a designated time and place (open day/ field day) or by appointment. This advertisement will be at the owner’s expense
Special conditions – Bulls:
1. DNA verification to sire is mandatory for bulls by sale date.
2. All bulls to be sound- structurally correct, appropriate scrotal circumference for age, good temperament, and in good sale condition.
3. All Bulls need be weighed, Vet checked, scanned and semen tested with results on display at point of sale. Must be done within 4 weeks of sale date.
Vendors warrant that all bulls are sold as fertile and capable of natural service for a period of 6 months following the date of the sale.
Vendors shall refund to the Purchaser the purchase price paid less salvage value (excluding any costs and expenses of the purchaser) upon the Purchaser providing to the Vendor within 6 months of the sale date:
a. A report from a licensed veterinarian certifying that in his or her opinion:
i) The bull is infertile or incapable of natural service
ii) There is no evidence that the bull has suffered any injury or illness subsequent to being sold to the Purchaser which could affect its breeding ability.
A Statutory Declaration from the Purchaser warranting that in the opinion of the Purchaser the facts stated in the veterinarian’s report are true and correct.
The Vendor reserves the right to call for an independent veterinary report.
In the event of an impasse arising from the reports issued the sale committee will obtain an independent veterinary report, the findings of which will be final and binding all parties.
4. Bulls should also have been vaccinated for Vibrio.
5. Age specifications
10 months to 36 months. Ideally bulls should be between 15 and 30 months.
Only a limited number will be selected for sale outside this age range.
6. Weight Specifications (minimum weights):
Bulls: at 10 months – 400kg. at 12 months – 500kg. at 18 months – 700 kg, at 24 months – 800 kg
Special conditions – Females:
1. All females to be sound – structurally correct, good temperament, polled/dehorned and to be in good sale condition.
2. Age specifications – 6 months to 7 years.
3. All females over 18 months should be either pregnant or have a Vet certificate of breeding soundness. Pregnant females need to be PTIC verified by a Veterinarian.
Vendors shall refund to the Purchaser the purchase price paid less salvage value (excluding any costs and expenses of the purchaser) upon the Purchaser providing to the Vendor within 6 months of the sale date :
a. A report from a licensed veterinarian certifying that in his or her opinion:-
i) The female is infertile to natural service
ii) There is no evidence that the female has suffered any injury or illness subsequent to being sold to the Purchaser which could affect its breeding ability.
iii) There is no evidence that the female has been subjected to embryo transfer procedures.
b. The Vendor reserves the right to call for an independent veterinary report.In the event of an impasse arising from the reports issued the sale committee will obtain an independent veterinary report, the findings of which will be final and binding all parties.
Paul Jamesion (NSW) 0428 667 998
Lincoln McKinlay (NSW)- 0419 239 963
Andrew Meara (QLD)- 0427 210 634
Max Dench: email@example.com 0412 113 768
Melinda McColl: firstname.lastname@example.org 0428 872 433
Camilo Mejia: email@example.com 0478 917 010